Student Complaint

The mission of the Office of the Postsecondary Commissioner (OPC) is to support the work of the Board of Education and the Council on Postsecondary Education in providing an excellent, accessible and affordable system of higher education designed to improve the overall educational attainment of the citizens of Rhode Island, support economic development, and enrich the civic, social and cultural life of all living in the state of Rhode Island. As such, the Office takes consumer protection for students very seriously.

If your complaint regards a specific institution, you are encouraged to seek resolution from that institution first. In most cases, the Office does not have authority over operations or instruction within an institution, and we will therefore refer complaints/inquiries to the specific college for clarification and response.

If your complaint deals with an online course or program, the Office can help you seek resolution.

Please note: Under most circumstances, the text of a student complaint is considered a public record, a copy of which can be requested by any member of the public. In response to such a request, the Office of the Postsecondary Commissioner will not disclose any personally identifiable information, such as a name, address, phone number, or email. 

Go to Online Form